Roy J. Portenga, PLC is a direct descendent of the Muskegon/Holland firm Libner, VanLeuven, Kortering, Evans & Portenga. From day one, the firm has specialized in serving the injured and disabled. Roy has over 35 years of legal experience and focuses on social security disability and workers' compensation.
Roy J. Portenga
Roy J. Portenga was born and raised in Muskegon, Michigan.
- Attended Muskegon Community College, ’71-’73; BA, University of Michigan with High Distinction, ’75; Juris Doctor, Valparaiso University, ’81.
- Teacher, Michigan Department of Corrections, ’76-’78.
- Member, State Bar of Michigan (since ’81), Muskegon County Bar Association, Michigan Association for Justice; Licensed in the State of Michigan, U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit.
- Publications include The Need for a National Worker’s Compensation Minimum Standards Act and Improving the Attorney/Voc. Rehab. Relationship.
- Honors: has been listed in the area of worker’s compensation in Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars; has been named a Leading Lawyer by the Leading Lawyers Network in the areas of Social Security and Workers' Compensation; Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation (limited to 5% of the State Bar of Michigan).
- Rated AV Preeminent by the rating organization, Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating given in the areas of integrity and skill.
- Elected member of the Board of Trustees of Muskegon Community College.